ONCOLOGY MASSAGE IS A MODALITY OF DIPLOMA OF REMEDIAL MASSAGE (HLT50307)
OR CAN BE COMPLETED INDEPENDENTLY TO EARN CPE POINTS.
Research has dispelled old beliefs that massage can spread cancer cells throughout the body via the lymphatic system. Research shows that comfort-oriented massage does not contribute to the spread of cancer rather that cancer is a result of genetic mutations (changes to a cell's DNA) and other processes in the body.
Fortunately,that now allows for caring, comforting and support for cancer patients, people at the end of life and cancer survivors.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- Common cancers, qualities of cancer cells
- The cancer disease process
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy and adjusting massage techniques
- Consulting with health professionals
- How treating clients with a life threatening illness can impact on you
Class Dates & Details
*See "Self Care"
No Clinic required
|Pre-requisite||Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practices (HLT40307) or equivalent|
|Award||Letter of Attendance
Or complete as a modality of Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT50307)
|Student Clinic||Not required|
|Bring To Class||Normal massage equipment|
|Notes||- $98 enrolment fee if applicable
- Credit card payments will incur a 2% fee on total amount
- Ensure you have checked dates and accreditation of all classes prior to enrolment.
- Venues, times & dates are subject to change.
- Prices quoted are within Australia only. Surcharges apply for international courses.
*SELF CARE: It is highly recommended students arrive 20-30mins prior to course/clinic commencement to allow time for set up, stretching and relaxation exercises.